Thursday, June 28, 2012

1940's Superstar Master Grill

Where: Uncle Raul's Bargain Basement, Jersey City.
Paid : about $10

I love the 'Chroming' of the past. Especially, Chromed Kitchen Appliances.
Before George Forman was even Born.

Before George Forman's successful 'Grill everything you can in minutes' grill, there were these  old chrome sandwich makers. The Superstar here makes this possible. This fine specimen here is new. Unused. That's right. Not a spot of grease anywhere.


Did I mention Unused?

 This shiny clean unit has interchangeable grill plates. I need to get the waffle plates. They're still at Uncle Raul's, but I only seen one the last time I looked.




Please note: 'Bake' is equally betwixt Cold & Hot
Bakelite Accents
**SUPERSTAR!!**


1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I just picked up one of these on eBay; it's not new but in very good condition. On mine, below the front handle, on the lower half of the iron, there's what I can only describe as a 'peep hole' to see the heating coil and two vertical slots, one on each side, as though there was something attached originally. Is this the same on yours ?

    Thanks,
    Richard Noël
    Sandown, NH

    ReplyDelete